Lexus partnered with Huy Fong Foods to team up with West Coast Customs to present the Sriracha Lexus IS at the 2016 L.A. Auto Show
The Lexus Sriracha IS was made with one simple philosophy in mind: Put Sriracha in everything. The paint, the steering wheel, even the key fob. They wanted this car to be as hot as possible. Now it’s so hot, it’s spicy.
- Custom Sriracha Red paint, which has "flex of chili-like flakes" to emulate the look of Sriracha sauce and a prominent clearcoat to mimic the bottle the sauce comes in
- Green accents on the grille, mirrors, brake calipers, and exhaust tips are a call back to the the food company's sauce bottles.
- The Lexus IS’s tightened, higher adrenaline Sport Mode switches to Sriracha mode
- Settings for the seat warmers and heater twist from cool to “Sriracha Hot" with bright red buttons with little flames above the seat icons.
- The seats get red and green inserts along with logos stitched into the seat backs. Other parts of the interior have green contrast stitching, too.
- The steering wheel is a particularly unique piece. West Coast Customs found a liquid that looks similar to sriracha, put it a resin container and shaped it to fit the steering wheel, so now it looks like there's sriracha in the steering wheel.
- There's a warning sticker for "hot handling."
- 43 bottles of Sriracha for emergency use in the trunk
- The key fob has a special chili button that dispenses sauce from a nozzle